contact me

Saturday, April 26, 2014

C4T Summary Post

This month I posted on the Manaiakalani Site. For the blog post, the video was talking about the death of the essay. It was pretty much talking about the shift that occurred in society when it comes to papers. many papers now are saved as pdf files and submitted online, no longer being turned in the original paper form. The video was created by Professor Welby Ings of AUT University. The Author, Dorothy was addressing this video. She was questioning the definition of academic literature with the use of so many things that are not in print like the blogs, podcasts, and videos.

Comment: Hi! My name is Martavious Stewart from the University of South Alabama. I am in an EDM 310 class over here. I have seen the trend over the last few years, as everything is becoming more and more digital. I think that it is a slow fading out of the paper system. Even things like banking and bills are done electronically. Many resumes are done through a system. I think kind of like how VHS got phased out into the DVD system, it may get to that someday. Just, not anytime soon. I think that we rely on paper to some extent. I agree with the video when it comes to the definition of literacy will not just be "reading, writing, and arithmetic." The way society is set up, technological literacy is also a major necessity.

The Second post was about the program that the MIT teachers engaged in. The teacher were given 12 days of paid leave to work on the teaching inquiries that they came up with. They are then to come together and put it into action as well as perform it on various students ranging from the age of 5 to 18 years old. This is a fellowship opportunity for the teachers.

Comment: Hi. My name is Martavious Stewart from the University of South Alabama. I am in an EDM 310 class. I think that it is great that you are bringing educators together to collaborate and better further their experience. It is one thing to come up with something that is used in the classroom. It is another thing to have it critiqued by peers. The best things about something being scrutinized is the fact that it brings out possible flaws, allowing for progress and growth. It also allows for educators to be familiar with new ideas. I am very interested in someday participating in something similar when I am an educator.

No comments:

Post a Comment